Sunday, March 4, 2012

GOOOOOAAAAALLLLL!!!!!!!

Another weekend in the books. This weekend was filled with different activities. We did not have classes on Friday so my sister and I volunteered to cook for our host family. We went to ASDA and got all of the supplies needed after some confusion on the conversions. After all that was sorted out we proceeded to head to there house and cook dinner for them. Our menu consisted of Tater-tot casserole, pineapple souffle, green beans and derby pie for dessert. I think that we did a pretty awesome job and it was really yummy. Here are some pictures from the night and some other visits as well.

Kate feeding the boys (Sam and Danny) Derby Pie, it was a home run with them :)

Playing with Sam one afternoon. I am currently being buried under cushions

Our meal that we cooked

On Saturday we travel to Lincoln again. This time it was purely for fun. We met up with some of our British mates and had lunch at a restaurant called Nando's. It was a chicken restaurant. It was super good and a really nice change from the food at Harlaxton. We then wandered around Lincoln before catching the last shuttle back to Grantham. I am so happy that I have made friends while living in England. Also it was a terrible night for the UE family. The Theatre department as well as the school community lost a student. Please keep the family of Evan Nasky in your thoughts and prayers as well as the whole student body.

Our group that went to Lincoln

Sunday was a typical English day, but despite the weather, my friend Hayley and I trekked though it to go see Fulham and the Wolves play. It was a 5-0 game with Fulham winning. We had great seats and got to see Clint Dempsey (a fellow American) score 2 goals. I was watching highlights and I can be seen at the 0:21 mark in this video (I am like half crouching/standing behind the guy in the blue hoodie). It was so much fun. We had a wonderful time and it was a blast to go to. I want to go watch another game soooo bad. Seeing this game was something that I can cross off my bucket list. Enjoy the Pictures!!

Hayley and Me at the game

literally not zoomed in. This was how close we where to the field!

Clint at the end of the game!
We won!!

I have classes this week and then I am off to Poland! I am so excited to go since this is another bucket place list.

Much love
-xx-
liz

No comments:

Post a Comment