Sunday, March 25, 2012

An Epic Failure Everyday, but Still Wonderful

My last big trip is over. It is really sad to think that I will be home in less than 1 month. I am now at the end of this wonderful learning experience. It has really taught me a lot of things. Enough of that. I just returned from Paris. I didn't realize that there was SO much to do. I thought that It would be easy to tackle Paris in 4 days. Haha not true. Everyday we had something go wrong, but the trip was still wonderful. We left London on Wednesday afternoon. After arriving in Paris and getting to our Hotel, we took a "short 15 minute walk" to the Eiffel Tower, the reality was that our walk was really about 45 minutes. It was great to see the Eiffel Tower at night. We found a Crepe Stand I had a Nutella crepe. Amazing. We then spent about an hour sitting at the tower and talking. We then bought a single ticket to ride the Metro back to our hotel. It was a really good day!

Crepe in front of the Eiffel Tower

On Thursday, I started our day at the Louvre. We where supposed to meet our friend Susanne at the Entrance, little did we realize that there was TWO entrances. oops. we waited for 30 minutes then decided to go ahead and go inside. We did send search parties to try and find Susanne. I saw the Mona Lisa. I can also say that I got lost in the Louvre. We walked around the Egyptian exhibit and couldn't find the exit. It was still a good adventure. Our next stop was Lunch. We wanted to test the theory the McDonalds or McDo sells wine with their meals. It is not true. After lunch my friend Shelby and I where going to go to some other Museums but Susanne got a hold of us so we met up with her and had wine and crème brûlée. We then Headed to the Arc de Triomphe. We wanted to go to the top but the workers where on strike that day. We then headed back to the Hotel to meet up for dinner with Liz and Jordan. I had cheese bread and kier. It was a great second day problems and all.

At the Louvre

Mona Lisa

Wine and crème brûlée

Arc de Triomphe

Dinner

Day three started with a trip to Notre Dame, which was breath-taking. It was so pretty! I was going to go to Mass but that didn't happen due to timing issues. We then proceeded to find a Lock Bridge and Shelby and I placed a Lock in honor of our sisterhood. We then went back to the Eiffel Tower to try and go up to the top but the line was SUPER long so we got more crepes and set in the grass beside the tower. We ended up playing Rummy for over 2 hours. Not realizing that we still had a BUNCH to do. We then headed out to Sacré Cœur to see the chapel there. It was great! Our original plan was to do this all before lunch and then Shelby and I where going to go out to Versailles. We did not go because at this point it was almost 6 pm. Even though I didn't get to go I still loved ever single minute of that day. After we had dinner we went back to the Eiffel Tower and bought Tickets to climb 670 stairs and then take a lift to the third level. It was totally worth every step. The city was amazing at night. We also had Champagne at the top!

Notre Dame

Placing our Lock

Lunch at the Eiffel Tower

playing cards

sisters!

Sacré Cœur

at the top looking over the city

Day 4 was filled with a trip to Disneyland Paris with Jordan and Shelby. It is very similar to both in the US. My favorite part of the day was only waiting 5 minutes to ride Space Mountain. We planned to do everything in Dinseyland and then Park hop (since we had a two park pass) around dinner. We where getting ready to leave the park when we asked if we could get into the other one and the lady said it closed at 7pm (it was close to 8:30 at this time). We where kinda disappointed because we wanted to ride Tower of Terror. We got to do everything that we wanted to do though. It was great. We had a great time at Disney. It was so cool to go to one where English is not listed first. Around 9pm we decided to beat the crowds to the RER line and left the park. It was a lot of fun!
Disney!

Space Mountain.

Sunday we planned on going to Mass at Norte Dame, but because of times that we had to leave Paris we did not get to go. It was still an amazing trip. I was so tired. I also learned that there is a lot to do in some cities and you have to be flexible when it comes to travel. Things are not always going to work out. Paris was a wonderful trip and I will never forget the memories that I have mad this semester.

Another thing, I learned that my Great-Grandmother passed away on Thursday (March 22). I will not be flying home to attend her funeral, but I wish that I could be with my family right now. Another side note I am now the proud sister of an Eagle Scout.

xoxo
liz

1 comment:

  1. Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete