Thursday, April 12, 2012

Time to pack?!?




Hello, 

I cannot believe that I have already been here for 99 days and my finals few days are coming way to quickly. It has been the most amazing experience of my life. I got to travel Europe and the UK. I learned a lot about British history, myself and being on my own. I will never be able to forget this. I encourage everyone to study abroad now. It really does show you the world. We had our last day of classes today (Thursday), then a dinner to celebrate our time being here. It was great to be surrounded by people who have shared the same experiences with me. I even signed the wall to leave my mark at Harlaxton for future people to see. 

My name on the wall in the Bistro


Looking back at my time at Harlaxton I have learned so much about myself. This really made me grow into a more independent person. While it is hard to put everything I learned into a list here are some of the BIG things that I learned...
  1.  I didn't need to pack my WHOLE closet. While I didn't really pack my whole closest there was things that I didn't even wear this semester. It would certainly make packing up easier.
  2. I CAN travel on my own. I took me awhile to be confidant of this, but I can now navigate London with just a map. I am no longer afraid of the tube system. I know how to book a train, make travel arrangements, get a hostel and get through security at an airport with no problem at all. Travel by myself (granted with a few friends) doesn't scare me anymore. 
  3. I am not afraid to try new things. Sounds cliche but I will try a new food when I am in a different country. Most of the time I stuck with what I knew was going to be good, but I did try new things. 
  4. Get involved. I know this is cliche as well, but when I came to Harlaxton, I didn't want to get TOO involved because I thought that I was going to be traveling all the time. Granted I traveled a lot, but the groups on campus really do work around the weekend schedule. I made amazing friends because I made the choice to get involved. 
While this list is not complete, it diffidently shows the major things that I have learned. This semester was amazing. I learned a lot about myself and about British culture. I am going to miss this place they call Harlaxton. My adventure in England is not done yet, but is coming to an end. I still have finals to conquer as well as London with my Nana.

Good bye for now
Liz


No comments:

Post a Comment